Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fright night


Switzerland doesn't celebrate Halloween, but lucky for us my hubby's company does. They threw a big bash last night for those of us who love dress-up. Of course, I didn't think about costumes until a few hours before the party began. I came up with a quick, cheap idea - I was Mrs. Inside-out and Christoph was Mr. Backwards.

As lame as it was, it's a good thing we came up with something. People who arrived without costumes faced the consequences for their lack of halloween spirit. In the case four hapless software engineers, that involved having to strip down to their tighty whities and bikini briefs (eeek!) and sing backup up for Britney Spears. It made for a truly scarey evening, as you might imagine.

It was one of those moments when you know you're not in Kansas (or even California) anymore. Can you imagine such a scene at company party in the U.S.? And I was worried my outfit would shock and offend...


1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the news from SF? Shootings at the Castro party. We're better off over here. :)

How was the farm?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker