Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Off to the good ol' US and A

We're leaving in the morning for San Francisco. I'm so excited I could pop! We planned this visit - a week in SF and a week in Phoenix to see my folks - at the last minute. We were going to hold out on returning to the US because we were only supposed to be in Zurich for a year, but it looks like we'll be staying here longer. Yipee!

I can't believe we'll be back in our old town tomorrow - our old apartment even, which is now inhabited by friends. I've been having dreams about SF for a couple weeks now. Here's what's on the agenda.

1) Sing-along Sound of Music at the Castro - This is an annual SF event that I never did when I lived there but always wanted to. I'm so psyched about it. Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens....

2) HoopGirl - Apparently hula hooping is the newest fitness craze. Some girlfriends have promised to get me hooping. I can't wait!

3) Waxing - I guess I'm something of a masochist in that I love getting my body hair torn out with hot wax. It feels so good! It's too pricey here in Zurich, but SF is a waxing mecca.

4) Food! I plan on consuming sushi, dim sum and mexican food in generous quantities.

5) The deYoung Museum - This fine arts museum in Golden Gate Park was controversial when it re-opened last year because of its cutting-edge architecture. It was designed by the Swiss firm Herzog & de Meuron. I went once for work but never made it back to get a better look.

6) The hubby's company holiday party - They always throw an amazing bash. This year's theme is the Greek gods. I dig the pagan connection.

7) DMV - this isn't so exiting but I really miss my driver's license since it disappeared along with the rest of my wallet in a Paris train station.

I'll be back Dec. 12, but will try to blog from the road...

2 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys in the desert Southwest!
Mama

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al...
Dan and I are so glad you and Christoph visited for the week. We had so much fun tooling around town. And eating all the yummy meals...Mediterranean, Dim sum, Indian, etc etc. We will miss you being in our guest room. As will the doggies and kitty.
ciao ciao, lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker