Monday, December 11, 2006

A few of my favorite things

We're leaving for Zurich in the morning. These last couple of weeks flew by. It must be because they were so damn fun! Here are a few of my favorite parts...

Riding through the Arizona desert today on the back of my Dad's Harley. The desert is a beautiful thing. And riding on a motorcycle always transports me back to being six or seven and riding around, clinging to my Dad. The roar of the motor and the wind in your face is exhilirating. Thanks Dad!

Hooping, for fun and fitness. That's it. I'm hooked on hooping. (Thanks, Claud!) I want to be a master. I'm hoping my new Hoopnotica DVD will show me the way. And Santa, please bring me a hoop for Christmas.

Thanksgiving in Decemeber - My mom cooked a turkey and all the fixins yesterday since we were on a plane for most of Thanksgiving this year and ate grilled cheese sandwiches that night. Thanks Mom, it was delish!

Ruth Asawa - This Bay Area artist's wire sculptures are so beautiful I almost cried looking at them. They almost look alive, like creatures from the deep sea. The de Young Museum has a stunning exhibition that runs through Jan. 28.


Movies, movies, and more movies. I've been getting my flick fix over here. The Departed is the best movie I've seen all year. Leonardo DiCaprio is fantastic and the whole cast is amazing - Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg and Martin Sheen. But Leo is the man.

Spices - I was so excited at dim sum last Sunday I spilled the spicey red pepper sauce all over the table. Doh!

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi Ali - I just found your site. Maybe you are back in Zurich. So I've been to the De Young Museum, does that mean your from there?

I'll have to read more of your blog as I'm curious to know your reactions to moving... I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker