Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hopp Schwiiz!!!
The Swiss beat South Korea and advanced to the second round of the World Cup last night. And Zurich went OFF!

It was such an un-Swiss scene, I was kind of stunned. Pedestrians were piling on cars and peeing in the Limmat. Needless to say, there was lots of hollering, honking, fireworks and public displays of affection.

I wandered around town after the game and got swept up in the revelry. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera, so here are the best pics I could find this morning from around the Web...





1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... so I've seen the whole game during the night in Seoul (4am) expecting that the team would be stronger and have more luck. The whole city was crowded with red short wearing Korean people. We barely could squeeze into the Underground to get to the stadium (yes: 200.000 watched the game on the screen there). Decided than to get of again and watch the game on a plasma in our hotel ...

Today was natioal mourning in South Korea - no T-Shirts on sale anymore and people are sad.

take care and hope to see you soon in Germany,
-Tilo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker