Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Photo of the Week

This is a view of the Alps west of Lucerne from Mt. Rigi, about 1.5 hours south of Zurich by train. You can actually reach Rigi's highest summit (about 5,900 ft) by cog-wheel train, but Christoph and I decided on Sunday to zip up by cable car from the base and then hike for three or so hours to the top.

My Walking in Switzerland guide (thanks again, Stef!) rated this an easy hike, but I thought it was a pretty good workout. I guess I'm not as in shape as I thought I was.

We made it to the top just as an afternoon wind storm swept in. Luckily there's a hotel up there, so we watched the storm roll through from the restaurant while enjoying panoramic views and cake. The storm cleared out the heat and the haze, which is how I got this shot on the way down the mountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker